Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Fresh Start!

Ok, so I am going to try this blog thing again. I hope that it is an outlet for me to get things off my mind. I don't know that anyone will really care about what I am writing, but I'm not concerned with that. I like to write but don't ever do it. I think it will be a stress reliever for me, so here goes . . .

SCRIPTURE MEMORY TEAM

At the first of the year I decided to participate in a scripture memory challenge on Beth Moore's blog (livingproofministries.blogspot.com). The goal is to memorize 2 verses each month of the year. On the 1st and 15th of each month, Beth posts a scritpure memory team post and we all enter our verse, with the reference and translation and our name and location. I don't ever talk to another soul that participates, which seems like it wouldn't be motivating. But, I am actually sticking with it. Earlier this week, I picked my 12th verse. So, some of you might be asking "why is she doing this and for what?". Well, so many times I now bits and pieces of scripture but can't remember where it is found. I thought this would be a fun way of memorizing scripture and it has been so much fun for me! It is a challenge which keeps me going and keeps me trying. I write the date next to each verse in the margin of my Bible and I also keep a list of them on an index card so that I can recite them whenever possible. In January there will be a Living Proof conference in Houston that will be free for all participants, BUT I will have to recite a certain number of my verses for entrance into the conference. I am so pumped!

COUPONING
On another note, I have recently started couponing! So far I have made two grocery trips and have saved around 50% off my grocery bill each time!!! PLUS, I am bringing home a TON more food for the same amount as I was spending before. I actually am running out of room in my pantry because of all the stuff I am getting. I have listed several of the websites on this blog in case you want to try it out for yourself. My favorite new way to save is by loading e-coupons onto my Kroger card. When you scan your card at the check-out, it autmatically deducts the coupons for any grocery items that match - PLUS you can stack the e-coupons with paper coupons for even more savings. . . here are a few examples of my bargains: last night I got a box of plain Cheerios for $.90, a bottle of Kraft BBQ sauce for $.25, 2 Maybelline mascara's for $6 (B1G1 free)!! Anyway, I neve thought I could be "one of those coupon people" you see on the morning talk shows bragging about their bargains - but I am loving it! I love getting a great bargain. Speaking of bargains, our family vacation is even a bargain this year. We are getting 7 nights in a beachfront condo for the price of 4 due to a real estate special! Woo hoo!

BOYS
Well, all of my boys are finally home. Jake arrived Wednesday night after a brief visit with our Houston fam. He is taller, his voice is deeper and his frame is thicker! I think he is going to be a stout boy as he continues to grow! Jordan got home this morning from his 10 fishingtrip tothe Boundary Waters of MN. I think he was happy to have access to the often overlooked comforts of home - like a REAL toilet! And, of course, Colt is always here, but he has been beside himself with excitement to have his bubbas at home . . . he loves them so much! This morning he said to me "mommy do we have a sister?". To which I answered . . . "nope, just brothers - no girls except mommy". Sometimes, I find myself wishing for the little girl I've never had and never will have. I think about things like who will I teach to cook, scrapbook, plant flowers, etc. And then I hear a thud from the other room followed by hysterical laughing and I quickly realize that I have all I will ever need in my house full of boys! They bring something out in me that I'm not sure I even knew existed before I had them around to show me. They are carefree, fun-loving and mischevous little personalities make me realize how fun it is to just fly by the seats of our pants sometimes! Life doesn't always have to be so structured and serious . . . they have taught me that it is OK to have fun on purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment